AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

box beef up-but by product-offul up also
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

garvo
Posted 5/18/2021 06:44 (#9011129)
Subject: box beef up-but by product-offul up also

western iowa,by Denison
So one reason the large packin plants make bucks-by product-everything that is rendered from that steer-is retailed-kind of like a welding shop-you basicly get everything but the spark-at the fabricating plant of cattle-they basically sell everything but the moo!
By product is up -pricing on average last Friday at $12.05 per 100weight
oxtail today is $612 cwt

Todays price of $319.04 on a 1400#(890#x$319) is $2839-the drop of 1400x $12.05 is $168

Kind of like feeding cattle I guess-who would have thought the only thing we can salvage is the manure for are drop value as profit.
Usually I plan on about5- 7 ton of manure per head per year on manure out of my bedding pak barns-sometimes it cost $10 a ton when I lose$50- $70 feeding cattle

Years ago IBP in Denison Iowa would custom kill fat cattle just for the drop-by product value-we would sell a load of straight trailer-27 head-select one big fat steer-and Marvin's provisions was a local butcher shop in Vail Iowa that would pick the carcass up at the plant and then box cut it up for us'
Had a classmate that worked at Marvins-he said that are carcass-would be the top end of prime cattle that Marvin boxed up

(gettyimages-615299536-612x612 (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments gettyimages-615299536-612x612 (full).jpg (125KB - 137 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)