AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

There are several people who are without their cars today
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Pigpiggy
Posted 5/5/2021 11:35 (#8988607)
Subject: There are several people who are without their cars today

Texas
Some may not have a DL much longer. Yesterday I had to drive a very long distance and had to do it in one day. I wasn’t exactly looking forward to driving in heavy traffic which includes a minimum of three construction zones along the route. It’s nearly always in these construction zones where drivers typically get extra aggrsssive and cut each other off where lanes end. Yesterday was no exception.

By late afternoon I had made it to Point B and then finished up and was heading back. Just prior to a left lane exit where two highways split, a multi vehicle accident occurred. It must have just occurred as I was approaching a line of cars stopped behind the wreckage. Emergency responders were having to drive on the inside shoulder to reach the scene. A fire truck showed up to help block traffic and merge cars into one lane on the far right.

Pure craziness erupted as traffic began flowing into that one lane past the accident scene. There were a number of close calls as people refused to be patient while merging into a single lane. Tempers flared and impatience was let loose. Another fire truck quickly showed up on the scene. But this time it was at a second multi car collision one hundred yards or so past the first scene. There were cars mashed up and scattered all across the highway. Car parts, glass, and leaking fluid was everywhere. The tow companies and body shops in addition to the glass companies must be keeping busy with drivers like that. I’m sure it makes for some long days for first responders too.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)