AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

20-20 gen 2 lost the field map
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Iowajim
Posted 5/5/2021 12:23 (#8988672)
Subject: 20-20 gen 2 lost the field map

NW Iowa
Yesterday I started a new 100 acre field that was not programmed into the Gen 2 20-20 yet. I programmed in the field, put the field name and acres in, hit enter and away I went planting. I planted 77 acres and quit for the night. The 20-20 runs off the same globe the Trimble 750 auto steer uses.

This morning when I got back to planting the map on the 20-20 had changed to the previous field I planted. The field I was planting was gone, gone from the menu, gone! The AB line for the Trimble was exactly two rows off which I think was probably the AB line from the previous field. I started a new map just to get done but the planter has electric row motors so there was no map for the monitor to use to clutch off the motors on the end rows and one end had point rows. I finished the field manually clutching on the end rows as this was the last field for the year. Why would the 20-20 revert back to the old field on it's own and it appears the Trimble auto steer did the same thing? I did not go back in the Trimble to see if it is indeed in the previous field. What is going on? I have never had it do this before. The Trimble runs on WAAS. Thanks

Oh, this outfit was parked 1/4 mile from the road and is across from my house. I highly doubt this was done by someone as a prank. Hardly anyone would know how to do it anyway.

Edited by Iowajim 5/5/2021 12:35
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)