AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pancakes with pudding in the mix...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

560farms
Posted 3/21/2021 10:23 (#8906627)
Subject: Pancakes with pudding in the mix...

western mn
Last night I was mixing up the pancake batter, and since I need to be gluten free, I always add in a few different flours, like some almond flour and a little coconut flour along with some almond extract to give it some flavor, and then I thought "why not add some pudding into the mix" so I went to the cupboard and looked over the selection and thought hhmmm, pistachio pudding would go good with the almond flavor, so poof, in went a box of pistachio pudding, which gave it a nice St Patty's color and I mixed it up.. Now my 11 and 13 year old were watching me make this concoction and absolutely had some reservations on what they would taste like, but with a little change in the cooking time, everybody that ate some pancakes came back for seconds, my wife and 17 year old said no thank you.. But I've got to say, they tasted really good and I think next time I will add some Butterscotch pudding to try...
The little change in cooking I mentioned was that with the pudding in the mix it seems to keep it more moist in the middle, so what I did was Cook it like normal, 4 min then flip till done, but then flip back over and do each side at least another minute to get the center a little more done, took a little longer but it really was worth trying.... Happy Sunday Cooking....
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)