AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

pellet stove insert
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

conservation cop
Posted 3/20/2021 05:41 (#8904460)
Subject: pellet stove insert

Gettysburg, PA

I have a Harmon pellet stove insert. When it was first installed and when I have the first cleaning done, the company had this little dolly like thing. It actually looked like a hand pallet mover. It jacked up to the height of my hearth and there were wheels on it so that as you pulled out the stove it road on these wheels. I fashioned something out of wood since then to pull the stove onto. But, as I get older, wrestling with the stove  is losing it's "fun". I've been looking on line but I can't find this floor jack tool. Anyone have one and/or can tell me what it is called so I can look for it?

Never mind. I found it! It's called a service rail kit if anyone was wondering! :)

Edited by conservation cop 3/20/2021 05:45
Top of the page Bottom of the page
tillage-director
Posted 3/23/2021 20:53 (#8911986 - in reply to #8904460)
Subject: RE: pellet stove insert

Central MN
How do you like your insert? Can it heat your whole house? Is it quiet? I have a wood burning insert that was built as an insert. The insurance company won't let me burn wood in it due to the chimney so I've thought about getting a pellet insert . I have a corn burner I'm putting in the basement plus a wood stove but I'd like to get away from the wood stove as it's alot of work and my set up isn't the best for getting heat where it's needed
conservation cop
Posted 3/24/2021 07:16 (#8912531 - in reply to #8911986)
Subject: RE: pellet stove insert

Gettysburg, PA

I like the pellet stove, it is a bit difficult to clean out, which I try to do regularly to keep it efficient. We use it to heat the whole house, but, our house isn't real big and we have two bedrooms closed off. So, it's job is to heat about 1400 square feet all winter. It is more of a space heater than a whole house heat source, but, the living room and kitchen are one big room in which we spend most of our time and it heats that area just fine. The master bedroom and bath are the rooms furthest from the stove and they are much cooler. I don't mind that, but, my wife isn't the biggest fan. Speaking of fans, the fan on the pellet stove can be adjusted and at lower speeds it isn't very loud. When it gets quite cold and the fan is going to town pushing out the heat, it is loud. For us, we get used to it, but, I am sure guests to the house would say it is too loud. I think most folks would not use this as their primary heat source but we are cheap and I just like the idea of a somewhat renewable heat source vs. oil or propane.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)