AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

6076 high ring pistons vs low ring + engine piston issues
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ppsrmt
Posted 3/13/2021 13:24 (#8890346)
Subject: 6076 high ring pistons vs low ring + engine piston issues

The 1st question is has anybody used a low ring kit in a 6076 engine that came with high rings? And now the rest of the story....

Had a JD 7800 high ring piston come apart at 10250 hrs. Rebuilt it ,had pump and turbo rebuilt and checked injectors. Started missing 1500 hours later, sent in injectors they said they were ok had them rebuilt anyway. did not help much.
A few hours later started runinng bad. The # 5 piston has melted and top of piston came apart again and took out turbo impeller again and injector tip. Originally thinking it has to be injectors or internal pump timing issue and going to send pump and injectors off again.

So additional question would be Has anybody experienced similar issues? Also any opinions on what else would cause this after 1500 hours would be appreciated. I really don't want to do it again without a cause. Once we figure it out I thought low rings would help.

FYI: The low ring pistons came in higher HP earlier models like 4955 & 4960. They use the same rod and bore but I don't know what the differences are.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)