AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

HDPE pipe and ford couplings question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ihmanky
Posted 3/1/2021 09:35 (#8865597)
Subject: HDPE pipe and ford couplings question

KY

Have a 3,000'+ inch and a half blue HDPE water line with ford couplings every 300 feet.  Towards the delivery end of the line, there is an outdoor hydrant before it is reduced down to enter a regulator.  I can't remember for the life of me how we adapted to the hydrant and the regulator, I've got a vertical tile for access to the regulator, but we had 5+ inches of rain last night and it'll be a little bit before I get down in there to see what I can see.  I need to come off that 1.5" supply line before the regulator and run another line, probably a 1 inch line a few hundred feet.  What is the best way to tie into that HDPE and reduce down to the inch I plan to run?  The ford couplings have been great knock on wood, 11 of them and had one separate during the initial air testing (someone missed one of the fittings with the pipe wrench), after tightening that one it held 100% pressure for 48 hours and we haven't had a leak in 8 years.  (once again, knock on wood).  Just been awhile since we put it in and have forgotten everything about what we did aside from how to install crimp sleeves and tighten those couplings since we did several that day.  If we were dealing with PVC here I'd just tee it and put a 1/4 turn gate valve in it and roll on.  

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)