AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Moving checking account to a new bank
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

tigger
Posted 2/19/2021 13:39 (#8844792)
Subject: Moving checking account to a new bank

Iowa
I've only had one checking account in my life. My double entry accounting system keeps personal and farm stuff organized, so having another account is a waste of time as far as I'm concerned. It's been the same account at the same bank location for over 40 years. The people there know who I am and have done a nearly flawless job with my account. The bank was independent, but has been bought out by bigger banks three times over the years. The local branch is now being closed. It was not in my home town, but reasonably close. There are other branches of the same bank in the area, but they are all an hour or more away from here. I've got various other types of accounts at several other area banks, but don't have to deal with them very much. The checking account sees a lot of activity, so it is important for me to have it at a nearby bank (but not sure I want it in my hometown). Perhaps location is not so important with internet banking. I've done it as treasurer for various organizations, but I don't want my checking account done that way. I'd also rather not have my checking account at the same bank used by the other organizations that I work with. It would be nice if the bank I move to would have enough farmer accounts so that people working there would have some understanding of the nature of transactions vs the general consumer population that deposits regular paychecks.

What issues or concerns have you run into when moving your checking account to another bank? I understand switching banks is probably not a big deal to most folks these days. My checking account has been special to me, so moving it to another bank probably seems like a bigger deal than it really is.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)