AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Interesting story for dallas.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

gene_champ
Posted 1/30/2021 08:12 (#8793294)
Subject: Interesting story for dallas.

NC Iowa
So good to hear that your wife Kathy is improving. Praying for continued improvement for her , and your heath too.

Back in the early 70's, I was in the navy in Washington dc, and shared off base housing with your cousin Gaynor. As I recall, Gaynor's parents ran the bowling alley in Akron. As a result, gaynor got a chance to practice his bowling alot, and became fairly good at it.

To make extra money, he would go to local bowling alleys on open night and bowl for money. According to him, he often did $300 on a good night.

The problem was the lack of sleep left him pretty drug out. so he was coming back one night, and fell asleep in his car while waiting for the left turn signal. After awhile this caught the attention of a police officer, and he woke gaynor up. Naturally he suspected he had been drinking. After determining that this was not the case, there was nothing he could be charged with, so he let him go with a warning to get more sleep.

Anyway, I just thought of that incident and thought I would share it. Funny but that is about the only thing I remember about our time there.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)