AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Skid Steer Recommendations for Grain and Livestock Farm
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

agr890
Posted 11/23/2020 08:43 (#8618110)
Subject: Skid Steer Recommendations for Grain and Livestock Farm

Western Illinois
I am looking at purchasing our first skid steer for the farm as we need another piece of equipment to take out hay on a farm about 7 miles from our current location and don't really want to run the tractor back and forth every few days and I can leave this in the shed at that farm. We also have quite a few acres of small brush and thorn trees that need cleared in pasture and some old fences that need replaced. One other use would be for cleaning out dry dams and earthmoving but the main use would be on the livestock side. Currently looking at Takeuchi TL12 and bigger Case as they are common here. Also considering a JCB as I can see the side door being handy when taking out hay but have heard rumors that with the single arm they push to one side worse when pushing with them.
Another consideration that I have concerns with it loading and unloading hay. Do any of them have the reach to load to the center of a gooseneck trailer when loading or unloading a bale 2 high that is in the middle of the trailer. Currently planning on a tracked version.
Thanks!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)