AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

TR combine disrupter pins in soybeans?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Mark in NEMO
Posted 10/30/2020 18:36 (#8576645)
Subject: TR combine disrupter pins in soybeans?

Northeast Missouri
New Holland TR86...

Got back in the field today after a good bit of rain. Beans seemed to chew too wet late morning, so waited until 3:00. Beans were dry enough but the stems are holding a lot of moisture--no longer green, just picked up a lot of moisture from the rains.

Running in a creek bottom, where moisture begins to rise before the sun is very low, by 5:00 pm. I was losing an unacceptable amount of beans out the back (combine had been set perfectly earlier in the day), and I think I was getting poor separation due to damp pad of material going through the rotors.

I got to wondering if anybody ever installs disrupter pins on the rotors when running in soybeans. Or are they mostly used in smaller-seeded crops like wheat where centrifugal force is less able to contribute to separation. They may not have helped this situation, and normally I wouldn't need them at all, but I'm curious.

They look to me like something that would break off and tear up the rear beater when they go through, but I'd be glad to learn anyone's experiences with them.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)