AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

9680 Versatile Engine Vibration? Any Thoughts as to why?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Oakwood
Posted 7/30/2020 18:42 (#8405591)
Subject: 9680 Versatile Engine Vibration? Any Thoughts as to why?

Manitoba
I have a 9680 that we have owned for about 5 years with about 4000 hrs. Its been very reliable for us but I am noticing a vibration that i am having trouble finding the cause of. It is most noticeable at about 1100 RPM when standing still. It idles at just about 900 RPM and i don't notice it then and mostly don't feel it once up around 1500.

I tried crawling under it to see if i can see / feel what the source of it is and it seems to be coming from (sorry don't know the right term for it) but just behind the flywheel there is a round disc with a rubber inner which the output shaft back to the transmission runs from. I tried wiggling the U joint along that shaft and it seems tight. There is no visible damage in the round steel outer/rubber inner piece either, its looks new but that seems to be the focus of the shake.

I don't have any leaking at the back of the motor and nothing at the front of the tranny either so i think bearings there are ok.

Any idea what the issue could be? Would really like to get to the issue now rather than have it break just as we get to fall field work.

Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)