AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Long term fasting and intermittent fasting
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 7/17/2020 07:52 (#8378856)
Subject: Long term fasting and intermittent fasting

Pittsburg, Kansas

I know quite a few people on this forum are interested in diet and that some of us have practiced fasting and intermittent fasting. Ran across this video this morning and thought it was good enough to merit posting a link.

I have mentioned before that I only eat two meals a day, lunch and supper, with no snacks in between except on rare occasion. Have done a few longer fasts but 40 hours has been my longest. Nothing very long term.

Seems like a person can take about any view they want then go find research to back it up. But research has varying levels of quality and even the abstract that most people read and no further, upon closer examination, can turn out to be less than the full story. So who to believe? It is as if almost everyone has an agenda, even the scientists that are supposed to remain neutral and try to disprove their own hypothesis.

With that caveat in mind I present the following by Dr Sten Ekberg. I think he makes a good case for his arguments. I have watched a lot of his videos and while I do not agree with all he says I do find his arguments always are well thought out and based on science as he sees it.

So much conflicting information out there about diet. Who to believe????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbrGUMrHcLE

Edited by John Burns 7/17/2020 07:55
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)