AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Case IH 8950 mfwa won't engage/disengage without blowing fuses
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

7230Case
Posted 4/9/2020 11:24 (#8175923)
Subject: Case IH 8950 mfwa won't engage/disengage without blowing fuses

Iola, WI
Searched a while on previous post but no luck on finding a solution. 8950 mfwa switch will not operate in either of the 2 modes without blowing fuses shortly after installing a new fuse. I can usually engage or disengage the mfwa before the fuse blows. Tried a 10 and 15amp fuse above the recommended 5amp and it still blows it. This tractor had electrical issues with the diff. locks and 3pt. not engaging previously. The transmission and electric shift harnesses were replaced in past 5 years as an under cab hydraulic leak ruined multiple wires.

Pulled the seat and cab floor access panel and traced all wires and found no obvious bare or burnt wire. Installed new relays and no changes for the better.

I verified the grounds with a 7250 and only found 2 wires on the 7250 that were grounded different compared to the 8950. Is the factory wiring different between a 7250 and 8950 possibly?

Any idea where to start next on this or does anyone have troubleshooting diagrams they would be willing to share of the electrical system?

Local dealer is saying NLA on transmission harness now. Did not check on electric shift or other possible harnesses. Any aftermarket options or upgrade options for these? Thought I would try to trace it down first before replacing 1 harness at a time.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)