AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The irony of it all - a friends passing
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

barren
Posted 4/5/2020 08:08 (#8165900)
Subject: The irony of it all - a friends passing

Glasgow, Ky

On the Louisville, Ky  TV news this morning they showed a long line of people standing shoulder to shoulder waiting for the Home Depot store to open.  Store management was told if they did not adhere to the required preventative measures dictated by the government the store would be closed. 

Two weeks ago, at a friends funeral, even the immediate family could not attend the services due to the 10 person friends rule.  Day before yesterday a friend and neighbor for many years passed away.  He was a veteran of the Korean and Vietnam wars and was a platoon Sgt.  Now he can't have a fitting and well deserved military funeral for his family, and equally important, some of the men he served within Nam.  Through the years these men have been there for him when other members of his family passed away.  Many coming from other states.  They were all members of the 1st Cavalry division.   The brotherhood these men shared has forever been ingrained in my mind.  The stories they told about putting their life on the line for each other would touch even the hardest heart.  

I salute my friend and all those that served with him.    I salute all those who have served in any war our country fought.   

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)