AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Deere Franken-monitor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

D6Joe
Posted 4/4/2020 13:55 (#8163944)
Subject: Deere Franken-monitor

east central ND
With all the reasonable priced used planter parts available, I got ahold of a seed star 2 green wedge box and harness.

I am putting it on a 12 x 30 JD 7300 planter. My original planter frame/sensor harness plugs right in to the controller harness. I have the ISO harness and a 2630 in the tractor. And no wheel speed or height sensor on the planter. I hooked it up and the seed drop test works. It scans all 12 rows. I am hoping the GPS speed will be picked up off of the tractor can bus. And in the past, as it’s a 3 point planter, I had the 2630 mapping/painting off the 3 point position, but actual planter seed monitoring was still the 250.

I was planning on getting a larger planter with clutches in the next few years, so this is not a full bore technology upgrade. I am hopping this gives me a bit better seed monitor (not as good as a 20/20), and to record population and variety. Just a bit better than the old reliable 250. I am really like the planter at a glance feature.

Sooo, the question is will the actual planted population and programmed variety start recording with the 3 point height, or, start when it sees seed drop like the old 250 monitor? Will it work without a planter wheel speed sensor or height sensor?

Maybe this should be in precious forum, please move if needed.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)