AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I just about lost my little boy yesterday
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

1156versatile
Posted 3/31/2020 22:03 (#8154950)
Subject: I just about lost my little boy yesterday

Strathcona, mn
I got a call about 5:30 yesterday evening from our home phone. My middle daughter was frantic and just said to call mom’s cell phone. When I got a hold of my wife she told me one of our twin boys (5) was in the ambulance.... she didn’t know where he was headed. He fell into a drainage ditch and got sucked through the culvert under the county road. When he fell in my youngest daughter (6) yelled for help and my middle daughter came running. When he came out the other side he was just floating along and my middle daughter (8) jumped into 33 degree water and swam him to the other side and pulled him out. She started crp with chest compressions and mouth to mouth. My wife came running from the house about 1\8 of a mile. He was moaning but not responsive. She called 911 and they waited for the ambulance to come. I was 20 minutes away working on combining the end of last years corn when I got the news. I raced to town and met the ambulance. After getting him checked out in local er, at this time he was responding well and talking but cold, they did a chest x-ray and determined he had a touch of aspiration pneumonia. They transferred him via ambulance 3.5 hours south to Fargo, Nd to have him closer to a peds icu unit if needed. Luckily he was doing well and this morning new x-rays showed clearing in his lungs. They discharged him this afternoon. He is home in bed and doing great! He will be on antibiotics for a week to help keep the pneumonia away.

My 8 year old daughter is a hero! If it wasn’t for her being there my little guy wouldn’t be here tonight. She has always had a special gift of reading people and helping those in need. We are blessed by god that she was able to put her gift to good use! She did it all with total disregard to her own well being. God decided he didn’t need another little farmer in heaven quite yet, thank you lord for keeping him here for us to enjoy!

(6CE8EDF4-13F2-42D6-B3BE-9F5FC82E35E2 (full).jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 6CE8EDF4-13F2-42D6-B3BE-9F5FC82E35E2 (full).jpeg (167KB - 96 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)