AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD 4450 Ignition Swith, Wiring, Dash Access Help
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

1bigtater
Posted 3/28/2020 15:19 (#8146497)
Subject: JD 4450 Ignition Swith, Wiring, Dash Access Help

So Quick history last year a bought my JD 4450. It has about 3500 hours on it and looks to have been taken care of, it was clean. It has auto steer and gps that have been added to it and it all looks like it was done by a JD tech that new what he was doing. Well I have noticed that if I leave the key in the ignition over time the batteries go dead. So I was buying filter from the local JD dealer and picked up a new ignition switch thinking this won't be bad to change. Well I took the front kick plate off below the dash and was able to feel the switch and plug. I didn't stare at it but I did notice that a sip tie was around the ignition switch the harness. I undid it and the unplugged it from the harness. I than looked at it and saw that the ground pin had been bent up. Photo attached maybe if I can figure it out. Well my questions why? I also notice that their is a small black wire with an end on it that would fit onto this pin, is this standard. The new ignition does not have the pin bent. The end on the harness does not have a spot for the ground pin. Has anyone seen this or heard of this. Would they have changed the harness out for the GPS? How can I get better access to the dash wiring?

Edited by 1bigtater 3/28/2020 15:22

(IMG_9923 (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_9923 (full).jpg (14KB - 25 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)