AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

MO concealed carry class.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Pofarmer
Posted 3/8/2009 11:50 (#635772)
Subject: MO concealed carry class.

Someone had asked me to write after I took the class. Well, it's been about a month ago now. The class you are generally going to take is a combined firearms safety and concealed carry class. The class we took was around 6 hours of instruction and a couple hours on the range. None of it was overwhelming. It was interesting in that the class was probably around 40% women, and you could tell that firing the 70 rounds needed to qualify was probably the most that several of these folks had ever shot total. We got fingerprinted and everything about two weeks later. Still haven't heard anything back from that. The Sheriff's office said they had been processing a LOT of applications, and I kind of imagine that the FBI is overwhelmed right now. Sheriff, MUST grant in 45 days regardless of whether the report comes back or not.

Got a personal defense pistol last week. It's a Kel-tec P3aT. 380 Auto, weighs less than the loaded clip on my 45ACP. Supposedly it's the smallest 380 Auto made, fits easily in a jeans front pocket. But HOLY COW, does that thing have some felt recoil. The Hipoint 45 has tons less felt recoil than that little dude, but comfort in shooting isn't the main consideration there. It seems reasonably accurate, and, so far, through about 50 shells hasn't had a single problem.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)