AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How stable should an air ride tandem truck be?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

cyfarm
Posted 10/30/2006 21:58 (#56582)
Subject: How stable should an air ride tandem truck be?

Denison, Iowa
I have been running our "new" to us tandem grain truck for about a week now and still have an uneasy feeling about the rocking when it has a load. It is an international 8100 with a 4 bag air ride twin screw suspension. It has a 20 foot Obeco dump box mounted to it. I constantly feel like I am in a canoe on a very rough lake it is worse on our gravel roads, but it also does it on the highway. When I turn into our bin site the entry drive is a little uneven and almost feel like it could tip over. People have told me that I will just need to get accustomed to driving an air ride truck but I don't know. We plan on adding a 3rd axle but not really this soon. Right now I am thinking that may be the only way to get a "safe feeling" to driving this truck. The dealer said the air bags look like they are adjusted properly, but something just doesn't seem right to me. I still have about a week more of harvesting so I need to use it this way, I am just not relaxed in it yet. I would like to hear if those of you with air ride tandems think this normal and will adding a 3rd axle stable this truck up? Thank for your info.

Mike WC Iowa
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)