AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Nanobeams - no throughput
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Supa Dexta
Posted 9/12/2019 11:53 (#7729972)
Subject: Nanobeams - no throughput

NS Canada
Have a couple of nanobeam 5AC's setup in the yard, worked great for near a year and a half, about 2 weeks ago the PTZ camera wouldnt listen to my commands, if I went to turn it, it would just keep spinning, sometimes a reboot of the DVR would stop it, other times it would eventually stop on its own, but no real control over the system. But the camera page would log in and load all 8 cameras to view.

Fast fwd to now and very rarely can I even log in. It may display 2 cameras, but frozen image.

Alignment is good, signal appears good. But its like I can't get any throughput between them. Used to be mid 20's mb whern cameras were working fine, and now only shows like 40-60kb max, despite saying 655.20 mb capacity.

Now I'm led to believe it has something to do with the one on the house, when I unplugged it the other day, and laid the cable on the roof some water dripped out of the end of the cable.. So somehow, A cable pointing straight up, into the nanobeam with a cover over it, got some water inside the cable jacketing. I've since replaced that cable, but things are even worse - I can't even log into the nanobeam IP page consistently, and won't load the cameras at all hardly.

The ethernet port on the nanobeam appears alright, I cleaned it with a q-tip to see if it had any corrosion on it. But I'm leaning toward a problem in that area.. We just had that hurricane blow thru, which I assumed just knocked them out of alignment, but thats not the case. Hate to buy a new nanobeam at this point since it could be several things.

Lost internet for several days - possibly changed router config? But I can get both nanobeams to connect and talk back and forth.
Lost power several times - possibly fried a nanobeam or POE, but both have normal lights on it seems
Water in that cable, fried nanobeam somehow in that it powers up and connects to the other station, but won't send data?

Any ideas of what I should try?

Edited by Supa Dexta 9/12/2019 12:08

(nano (full).png)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments nano (full).png (63KB - 283 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)