AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Clone hard drive??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Todd P
Posted 10/27/2006 14:42 (#55741)
Subject: Clone hard drive??

SE Nebraska
What is the best way to clone a laptop drive?
I have a Sony laptop with a 20 gig hard drive. Bought a 40 gig samsung 5400 rpm drive to replace it. Tried to use norton ghost 9.0 to clone drive. New drive in external usb enclosure and did copy drive. It failed near the end every time. So I read somewhere that it might not work thru usb.
Next I got two ide to 2.5" laptop drive adapters and put both drives in the desktop comp. I am able to read both drives. The new drive will only let me format in fat32 and not in ntfs (why is that). So I format fat 32 and try to copy laptop drive to new drive. Gets all done and I have an error "The drive copy did not complete successfuly cannot copy source drive to destination. Data in disk is not aligned as expected. Warning AOBB0064. operation failed. Changes are being rolled back (OXEBAB0005)". What in the world does that mean?
All the trouble that I am having I am beginning to think that the drive is bad. How do I tell? I ran the error checking tool in my computer under tools and it seemed ok.
I can fix almost any farm machine but the fix for this may be a sledge hammer and a trip to town for a new laptop.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Todd
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)