AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Some Results "Age of Posters"
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

co.drylandfarmer
Posted 2/26/2009 00:21 (#623248)
Subject: Some Results "Age of Posters"

Carlton, CO
Been reading and re-reading replies, thanks for the great information. I really enjoyed learning about everyone's individual situation. I feel that I didn't give enough about myself, I grew up on the farm and left for college and a factory job for 4 years. My wife's father needed help on his farm and eventually got us started farming and ranching. Now my wife works beside me when she isn't tied up with the kids activities. She manages the cattle operation and I manage the farm side (we are each others helpers also). We have my brother that helps keep all the wheels in motion as well as one other hired hand. We bring in members of both our families to harvest wheat with us, and use family and neighbors to process cattle. As some others have stated, we couldn't have done it without our fathers/grandfathers. Both of our fathers are still with us, hers is still active and helps us out from time to time, and mine is unable to get to the farm anymore except the occasional visit (farmers lung).

Tallied the Age results down to cosperj's post:

Youngest so far: NC1086 (19)
Age groups
18-26 (8)
26-35 (33)
36-45 (43)
46-55 (35)
56-65 (26)
66-75 (5)
76-85 (2) Stanley (80) and Jim in MN

Sure that someone has a more scientific way to get these results, (didn't know about the poll feature). It would be nice if one of you techs could put together a bar chart (if more responses keep coming in below).

Like Il-no-til said "thanks to our veterans for their service" and also to the Volunteer firemen and EMT's!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)