AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I've been waxing philosophical ...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Mike SE IL
Posted 2/24/2009 03:29 (#620769)
Subject: I've been waxing philosophical ...

West Union, Illinois

Durn near got it all shined up, too.  I've been thinking on a guy I met about 20 years ago when I was a green office machine salesman. I stumbled across this factory out in the middle of noplace that was building snowplows.  If you remember late 70's / early 80's we had some dandy snow storms.  So the story goes (at least as I was later told ... and I don't guarantee all the facts) the guy that owned the company ..  we'll call him Joe for this story ... had done quite well in business and retired.  Retirement didn't suit him, and he got the chance to buy this snowplow factory.  So he did.  I became involved when Joe wanted to buy a fax machine.  This was back when nobody had a fax machine and those available were big bulky and expensive.  I was talking with Joe and he got wound up on technology.

He told me he was setting up his factory to be totally computerized.  Not operated by computers, but information would be transmitted by computer.  He said the shop would get blueprints on a screen.  It owould not be a big TV type monitor, but flat 2-3 inches thick.  And he said there would not be a keyboard. You would just touch the screen.  "Yeah ... sure"  kind of stuff back then.

I was told joe's company went broke. I don't necessarily believe in global warming, but the winter cycles got warmer rather quickly and have stayed that way for some time.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)