AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

DJI Phantom vs Mavic - For Haying Videos
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

Granary
Posted 7/27/2019 06:25 (#7637426)
Subject: DJI Phantom vs Mavic - For Haying Videos

Central Western VA Mountains
I’m sure both (whatever the latest model) are great for taking videos of haying, but why would one want one vs the other? The Phantom does not fold up, so more bulky to carry around. The Mavic folds up into a really small package, but lots of parts for a fumbling guy like me to break.

Which drone would I be the most happy with for haying videos - mostly just hovering/following the tractor around the field?

When you connect these drones to a smart phone or tablet, is cell data or WiFi internet required to fly?

30 minute battery life - is this the norm? I’d imagine you folks carry several battery packs?

When the battery level gets to a low threshold, does the drone automatically land or just fall out of the sky?

How good is object avoidance with tree limbs in the fall with no leaves, can the drone detect a power line? Can you have the drove follow you at a lower altitude, following your tractor as you move through barnyards, passing buildings and/or going through a gate with trees on each side?

How low/close do you comfortably fly your drone around equipment? For haying, it would be nice to get closer to the equipment, especially our baler kicking square bales into the wagon.

Can the drone record audio on the ground, ie the tractor and equipment working? I like to hear the sound of the machines vs over dubbed video with music.

I read about DJI’s Phantom and Mavic drones, but is there another similarly priced/featured mfg/brand of drone you’d recommend?

Thanks!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)