AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Good luck, Bad luck followup
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

JustIf
Posted 6/18/2019 23:04 (#7567569)
Subject: Good luck, Bad luck followup

-North Mo
Took trailer, 3 panels, 13 yr old girl, bucket cracked corn, and a rope. Cut the trailer to the fence leaving ~10' gap between rear corner and fence, truck v'ed away. Extended 3 panels out off front bumper, first thought was to trap them then push the one we wanted back, catch her with the swing of the door - they were feeling pretty goosy tonight. Sorting wasn't going to happen. So tied off to back corner of trailer, started slipping them through behind the trail, daughter governing the speed ???? Knew this was going to be an all out one time shot - somehow I got lucky and picked her up on the pass by. Daughter jumped in pickup to get the show away from the fence - she got a little excited- 40' become a long ways for me to run, lucky we was on green grass, time I caught up, the heifer got up, she run up the rope and jumped in the trailer just in time for me to get there and shut the door. Was thinking that went really fast - but alls good. Took her home and put the heifer and calf together - she has no clue, doesn't know that calf from a mud turtle, few minutes later the calf is wearing down from chasing her and bawls - immediately that heifer stops, turns and starts licking the calf, I step up to see what's going on and the heifer starts acting like she will back me off. Stood solid licking the calf tail head while it sucked - I never seen nothing like it, almost like she could not recognize the calf as a calf/possibly hers by sight. I do not remember if she ever smelled it prior but she walked over it 2-3 times completely disconnected, then with one bawl she was all over it. Oh well. Not everyday I have such luck - but would rather had my heifer 10 days bred to the bull of my choice.

(IMG_20190618_190116 (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_20190618_190116 (full).jpg (163KB - 42 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)