AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

nemistrike seed treatment causing skin rash
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

zeek
Posted 6/8/2019 20:41 (#7548561)
Subject: nemistrike seed treatment causing skin rash

I have been loading a ccs planter with soybean seed treated with nemistrike seed treatment. 
 I loaded my planter one and a half times in the third week of May and a day or so later noticed a rash on my arms and didn't think too much of it and after about a week or so I got back to running 
and loading my planter multiple times a day and the rash got really bad. I've been to my doctor and I have a 
bad case of dermatitis and it's painful, red skin, itches like poison ivy and skin radiates heat like a sunburn and small blisters. 
 I am on steroids and antibiotics to try to get ride of it. Have had the rash for about three weeks.

I was wondering it anyone else is seeing the same thing? Bayer makes it sound like this is not that common but they 
pulled it from the market last year because users complained of rashes.
 I did wear gloves and mask always but didn't start wearing a long sleeve shirt till after I suspected the treatment was the cause.
All my beans are handled in bulk and don't want to through my supplier under the bus but I didn't receive a label.
As long this is lasting and the severity of the rash I'm worried about the long term affects I've never had a reaction like this.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)