AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

3310 w/ Vipor Pro not holding rate
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

boog
Posted 5/14/2019 22:10 (#7497778)
Subject: 3310 w/ Vipor Pro not holding rate

We have a CIH 3310 with AIM Command that has a Vioor Pro for rate control. Started having issues the other day holding rate, had to drop my pressure to about half of normall otherwise would jump back & forth till about 1/2 way through the field. Cleaned the pressure inducers and today worked fine for about 90 acres & started acting up again. Checked filters, main filter was clean, some crap in the boom filters, not enough to be plugged, so I cleaned them and still doing the same thing. Flow meter and AIM pressure inducer were new last spring.

When problems started was during a refill. When I started the pump to agitate while filling the pressure went up like normal but then would drop way down. Flip the pump on from the remote switch and it worked fine.

Last partial fill it started out fine then lost product at the boom though the Vipor was showing pressure & pump was working as there was good agitation in the tank. Found that even though boom was turned on the valves were shut, this was with the Vipor in "self test". Shut pump off & opened the drain on main filter to let pressure off the boom valves then they started working again. After that it seemed to spray ok and was able to finish spraying.

I have screen shots on my phone of all the cal / valve settings. Comparing I saw somehow the Vipor had changed from " standard liquid valve" to "pwm". For AIM Command we have always ran the "standard liquid valve" since we have owned the machine, at least 5-6 years. Also Valve 1 cal # had changed from 63 to 43 & valve 2 cal had went from 1976 to 0. Changed those back to original but now it shows "PWM" cal at 105, previously was 0. All other settings are the same as the screen shots.

Can anyone tell me how to change the "PWM" cal back to 0 ? I have looked all through the settings but can't find where to change it. Looked in the manual(s) but haven't found anything there either.

Sorry for the long post but wanted to explain what was going on as best as possible. Does anyone have a suggestion as what is going on? Would high voltage possibly be the issue. I have noticed the voltage meter is running high. Battery was new last year as well. It did go dead this winter. I unhooked the battery cables when I put the charger on. Haven't had any starting issues since I charged the battery.

Would greatly appreciated any & all help. Our CIH dealer doesn't have any techs familiar with Ravens.

boog
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)