AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Not Precision but AM/FM Radio problem
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

NEBR.
Posted 5/10/2019 10:29 (#7488919)
Subject: Not Precision but AM/FM Radio problem

Nebraska
I have an Agco Challenger 1038. Factory radio is crap so I replaced it with a nice ASA brand radio.
It worked great after install, wiring matched making a quick plug and play and the reception was perfect. Problem though was when the tractor ignition was turned off, the radio was not disconnected from the power source, the dial would stay lit, after time this will run down my battery. So the guy who sold me the radio sent me a special adapter harness to correct this European design issue and it worked fine, power shut off with the ignition. It all seemed fine until I tried tuning to various stations, some local, and I now had crappy reception.
The problem seems to be that this tractor doesn't have a visible external antenna, there is an electronic antenna in the cabs hood area. When I installed this new wiring harnass it has somehow not allowed power to this antenna.
ASA is clueless and Agco hasn't been much help so far. Only suggestion I have received is to put a toggle switch on the radio's power lead to shut it off manually.... not the Mickey Mouse solution I really want to go with.
Anyone out there smart enough to offer any help with this? A visual of the plugs/wire diagram probably would be helpful, I'll post if anyone is up to a challenge.

Edited by NEBR. 5/10/2019 12:18
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)