AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Gen 3 2020 smart connector problem
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

RedTractorGuy117
Posted 5/4/2019 21:22 (#7476671)
Subject: Gen 3 2020 smart connector problem

West Central WI
Little bit to explain what I'm doing "trying to do" here so bear with me.

Case 1255 planter, running seed drive and row clutches through the pro 700.

Running climate drive pulling seed info though Magnum can bus. I'd rather leave it this way for this year at least because I don't have the fv module for the 2020 and don't really want to buy it. I spray with the same tractor and iPad so I use the drive for that thus I need it anyway.

Running Delta force "second year, first on gen 3"

For 2000 I could buy the accustat unlock for the 700, or for about 1200 I bought a gen 3 smart connector and required cableing. Running the gen 3 anyway and I feel the seed info on there could be really helpful, plus then the Delta force will map

Problem:
Went to the field today to plant our first corn, everything was talking when I tested. Gen 3 was picking up 12 seed sensors, pro 700 was still reading the seed sensors after the 2020 started up. I'm the field, 2020 was only reading seed from rows 3-12. 1-2 were not seeing seed. Also smart connector was not repeating the seed data back into the dicky John seed module thus no seed data in the 700 or the drive. Planter really needs seed data because of shutoffs and vrt we are doing (well at least it keeps it happy, and just more redundancy in having planting info backed up).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Work around today was to unplug the smart connector adaptor and then the 700 and climate got their info so I was able to plant.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)