AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fieldview compatibility problem, it's a bugger!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

560man
Posted 5/1/2019 21:09 (#7470974)
Subject: Fieldview compatibility problem, it's a bugger!

Northeast ND
I have a problem getting a somewhat complicated system set up. My equipment is a Case IH 435 Steiger tractor pulling a John Deere 1890 air seeder with 1910 cart.

The 1910 cart is Seedstar 2. The cart is being controlled by a JD 2600 display. The blockage sensors on the 1890 are an older system running through brown box simulation mode on a separate home screen of the 2600. This shouldn’t matter, but it may be worth noting. I have a Ag Express 3073 field-installed implement harness running between the 2600 display and the air seeder.

The tractor is being steered by an Outback system. I am sending GPS data through a serial cable connection from the Outback into the RS232 connector on my AE3073 field-installed ISO implement harness. With this set up, I am successfully getting GPS into my 2600 through COM port 1 to allow variable rate seeding and documentation on the 2600.

I installed the Ag Express CC1081K adapter kit for fieldview drive, along with the Actisense GPS Converter.

HERE IS THE PROBLEM: When I power up, I get good GPS signal to the IPad, but the 2600 loses its signal. If I unplug the DB9 connector between the COM 1 cable of the CC1081K and the Actisense, I regain GPS into the 2600 but the fieldview loses it. If I unplug the serial cable from the RS232 port on the AE3073 and move it to the Actisense port (bypassing the JD display) I again regain signal to the fieldview but of course don’t have signal in the JD display.

I even ordered a DB9 splitter cable so that I can send signal from the Outback to the RS232 port on the AE3073 AND the DB9 connection of the Actisense module simultaneously, but I STILL lose the GPS signal from the 2600.

I am baffled. Anyone out there successfully running Combination 4 from page 80 of the Fieldview Drive compatibility guide??

Edited by 560man 5/1/2019 21:13
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)