AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

RTK GPS Nmea out for an FM1000 to a Topcon X20
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Dirtfarmer1000
Posted 4/14/2019 22:17 (#7439973)
Subject: RTK GPS Nmea out for an FM1000 to a Topcon X20

Alberta
Just wondering if anyone can tell me the settings for gps output on an FM1000 monitor to a Bourgault X20 monitor. I have spent hours trying to figure this out and am stumped. I can use my ezguide 500 and NMEA out WAAS, I never tried rtk because I don't have the cables to set up and plug in my radio etc, but the X20 can receive from the 500, so its not the settings in the 500 monitor nor the cable Bourgault says to use. there only 3 pins in the cable from the 1000, and I have milliamp readings from them, so I am assuming the fmx is transmitting data. According to bourgault I am using the correct cable from the fmx. I used a null modem cable as well. The null modem cable was needed when using output from the 500. I also tried with a straight though female/female connector. I am running the latest fmx software, so some of the google search pictures showing how to set up are out of date as my setup screen looks very different from some of the searches I have done. I have tried all 4 output ports on the fm1000, played with different hertz rates, the 38400 baud worked on the 500 so I am assuming 38400 baud setting is fine for the 1000. I would be appreciative if anyone who outputs RTK NMEA to a Topcon or even any other style of monitor could tell me the settings or what else to try.

Thanks

Edited by Dirtfarmer1000 4/14/2019 22:39
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)