AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fieldview linked to OpCenter
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

asl
Posted 3/22/2019 07:50 (#7394825)
Subject: Fieldview linked to OpCenter

I have been using the Drive to record data to Fieldview the last few years for field operations. I use a 2630 for guidance and to control all planter/application/section control functions so I am documenting everything in there as well. I like Fieldview's ease of use and reports.

However, here is what has changed. Op Center has really finally made a lot of improvements and made more user friendly. I can now move in flags from previous years for tile lines, markers and such. And with Fieldview and Op Center capability to link together, it is making me wonder if I really need to take the extra step of using the drive to do recording of data if the information will be linked together anyway when the data goes in my Op Center.
It is probably a little different for me as I am not using 20/20 to control planter where Fieldview would record more planter data than what I am with 2630. My understanding is Deere won't let them access planter data.

Another way of asking question, if I have Op Center and Fieldview linked and use 2630 data for Op Center and continue to use the Drive to record to Fieldview, will this get too confusing combining the data from 2 different sources. I like the fact that when I change a boundary for example on 2630, since Fieldview is linked it is nice that it shows up automatically on Fieldview. But will this cause trouble with other data? Wondering if I can just use 2630 to document and not mess with the Drive to get info into Fieldview. Is anyone doing it that way?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)