AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Someone who signed up for Verizon 3-5 years ago, can you explain your plan?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 3/5/2019 19:15 (#7361272)
Subject: Someone who signed up for Verizon 3-5 years ago, can you explain your plan?

We just switched plans on the website back then. Before this plan we had 40 GB of unrestricted speeds that was shared between all devices. I believe we selected a plan that allowed 22 GB of unrestricted speeds per device. After 22 GB we would be throttled if there was network congestion.

Today we had slow speeds. I called to ask why since we were only 2 days into our billing cycle. They said that the automatic reset had not worked so they manually reset it for me.

I was happy with that, but confused. I have an iPad for farm use that does not get used hardly at all. But while things were slow I tested speed on it and noticed it was slow as well. Like 1 Mbps rather than the normal 20 to 25 Mbps.

So I asked the lady why that one was slow as well. She said it's because your 22 GB of unrestricted speed is divided up between all of your devices.

That is definitely not the way it was advertised on the website when I signed up. I was wondering how those of you who signed up 4 or 5 years ago understand your agreement? Of course, I did not take screen shots of the deal or anything like that when I signed up. The sales rep was very adamant that Verizon never changes their plans and this is what I have always had. My word against theirs is not much I guess.

If I have misunderstood all of these years then I'll just let it go but how did I go for years without ever noticing slow speeds due to throttling? Just wondering how you guys understand your plans.
Thanks!

Edited by dpilot83 3/5/2019 19:25
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)