AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Setting up a CORS network
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

disker
Posted 2/7/2009 13:00 (#599984)
Subject: Setting up a CORS network

Alberta
Hi,
I was wondering if it would be possible to set up a mini CORS network in our county? The county has towers spread across it to provide wireless internet access that all connect back to the main county building. Could a person set receivers up at certain locations and then have the signals sent back to the office where they could then be uploaded to the county website? Also could a person set up their own CORS station at the farm if I have high speed internet and a website? I was thinking of taking a receiver and putting it up like a base station and then broadcasting this signal over my website where I could then log into my own website from the tractor over cellular and get then correction, all my farmland is within 6 miles of the base. I have a trimble 252 receiver and I beleive I would have to unlock it for RTK, and I want to use it for autopilot that uses the TSIP protocol. How does this all tie together with the CORS correction because I read all this talk of RTCM and CMR + etc. The way I understand it is that the gps signal comes out of the 252 and into my computer or cell phone where it is entered into a running program that then adds the correction from the CORS tower or network and then sends a corrected signal back out. Does this corrected signal go back to the 252 and then is resent via TSIP to the autopilot or does the corrected siganl go to the NAV controller in CMR + format of how?
Sorry for all the questions but I am trying to tie this all together in my head and figure out my options
Curt
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)