AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Handicap rooms
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

tedbear
Posted 2/22/2019 12:28 (#7336987)
Subject: Handicap rooms

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
We just returned home from a 10 day trip that took us to Galveston and a swing through western Texas. My joints aren't the best and I miss the handholds I had installed in my shower/tub at home before knee surgery. So on this trip we always asked for a handicapped access room.

I learned there are generally two levels and some places have both. The basic level usually had a shower/tub with handholds in various places around the tub and stool. The more advanced style had a shower only and was arranged so a wheelchair could be used. The basic style was adequate for my needs.

We always asked and took the basic level if they had both so someone who really needed wheelchair access could have the room. The rooms were the standard layout with the bathroom right beside the door. The space outside the bathroom was quite wide to accommodate the wide door on the bathroom.

I believe these places must have some handicap rooms by law. Maybe this varies by state. I don't believe there was any extra charge for those rooms. There was only one night where there was no handicap room available. Either they didn't have any or they were taken. I plan on asking for handicap rooms in the future, now if I could only find a room with soft water.

As far as the price goes, it really seems to vary. In Galveston a Thursday night was quite reasonable but the same room jumped $50 for Friday night. The price of a nights stay at the same caliber of place varied by over 100%. throughout our travels. Planning ahead would probably have allowed us to get better deals but we were just winging it and didn't really know when or where we would be by nightfall.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)