AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Had to disk the driveway because of ice.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

davpal
Posted 2/10/2019 23:44 (#7312503)
Subject: Had to disk the driveway because of ice.

Mid Michigan
Our area is coated in the most slippery ice I've ever tried to walk on after our two ice storms. Every driveway and parking lot around here has about at inch of mirror smooth hard ice. After falling pretty hard this week I decided to try something so I hooked up my small 6 1/2 foot three point hitch disk to the tractor to see if it would scratch up the surface. It actually worked great with the notched blades on the front and got the driveway roughed up enough to even go down to the gravel and get some of that mixed in with the ground up ice snow mixture. I was suprised how well it worked. The ice was rock hard and the disk was super loud just like disking concrete but the ice was flying and it left it all pulverized and made it much better. I've never used the disk before but it worked so well I went down and did my cousins driveway too. I've never seen it this slippery before. So if you have ice, break out the disk and makes the yard and driveway much safer and it's super easy to do. Pics weren't very good as it was pretty much dark when I took them.

(disk driveway 2 (600 x 450) (full).jpg)

(disk driveway (600 x 450) (full).jpg)

(driveway disk 5 (600 x 450) (full).jpg)

(driveway disk 4 (600 x 450) (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments disk driveway 2 (600 x 450) (full).jpg (94KB - 63 downloads)
Attachments disk driveway (600 x 450) (full).jpg (85KB - 50 downloads)
Attachments driveway disk 5 (600 x 450) (full).jpg (80KB - 50 downloads)
Attachments driveway disk 4 (600 x 450) (full).jpg (78KB - 45 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)