AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble RangePoint RTX & CenterPoint RTX
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Pierwszy
Posted 2/4/2019 21:38 (#7297485)
Subject: Trimble RangePoint RTX & CenterPoint RTX

Need some help to understand correction level for upgradign.
Currently have a CFX 750 (No unlocks) with Ez-pilot for planting. Looking into increase uptime and accuracy.
I came across another unit, CFX 750 (Unlock to RTK) with Ez-pliot. Now in my possession.

Here is my plan:
CFX 750 (no unlocks) – RangePoint RTX for Tillage (Spring / Fall)
CFX 750 (RTK Unlock) – CenterPoint RTX for Planting / side dress / fall application

As far as I know, no unlocks are required for RangePoint RTX, but RTK unlock is required for CenterPoint RTX

What I don’t understand is the hardware required to run these systems.

RangePoint RTX – Cost $450 / year (includes GNSS 1 year subscription) No cellular data required.
GLONASS satellite access unlocked for free for the duration of the subscription.
For my current CFX 750 with no locks, I should not need any additional hardware.

CenterPoint RTX – Cost $1095 / year (includes GNSS 1 year subscription)
Do I need a cellular modem for this application? Like the DCM300-C or GX450?
Cellular Delivery
Trimble RTX correction streams are delivered directly to your Trimble receiver via a cellular link; allowing you to calculate your position. To receive the correction messages, a receiver that has cellular connectively (or connected to a device that has cellular connectivity) is required.

Satellite Delivery
When turned on, your receiver tracks the Trimble RTX (L-band) satellite as well as every other satellite in its field of view (including GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou and QZSS). From the L-band satellite, you will receive the Trimble RTX correction stream that allows you to calculate your position in real time.

I have had issues with WAAS over the last 4 years when close to tree lines and buildings. And the convergence time has been very long like 30 – 50 minutes.

Would like some clarification about the system requirements.
Also, I am going to see my Trimble dealer in the next two weeks, I wanted some understanding before I sat down with them.
Thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)