AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kinze 3650 repairs
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Gamaman
Posted 1/30/2019 21:14 (#7286128)
Subject: Kinze 3650 repairs

Extreme southeast Nebraska
I run a Kinze 3650 12/24 row planter. It's Kinze's early attempt at a bulk fill planter. For those of you that don't know it feeds the row units from what looks like two drill boxes mounted the full width of each half of the planter. The advantage of it over current bulk fill planters is uniform seed weight distribution across the width of the planter. A disadvantage is the 3" flexible seed tubes that deliver seed down to each row unit. These tubes do a lot of flexing as the planter units move up and down with their parallel linkages. Even with a lot of TLC and always shedded, the tubes will develop splits and cause seed loss while planting until discovered and replaced. I fear I'm approaching the end of reliable life for most of them and would like to replace them. The bitter pill to swallow is the price Kinze charges for the tubes. FYI, the OEM tubes have a rubber sleeve at each end with a clear vinyl with wire spiral mid section.

I've looked at a number of options for replacement tubing on McMasters website but wasn't sure which ones to try.

Have any of you 3650 owners found a reliable and cheaper alternative that you would recommend? Thanks!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)