AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deee 6000 sprayer in tasseled corn for fungicide ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Jdgrainfarmer
Posted 1/7/2019 21:41 (#7228428)
Subject: John Deee 6000 sprayer in tasseled corn for fungicide ?

East Central Illinois
I have a Rogator 1064 that I do all my herbicide and and bean fungicide with. I am wanting a CHEAP sprayer just to spray my corn fungicide at tassel. I know they are old and not like a hagie or even the gray hagie's but the are the only sprayer around 10000 or less. I like doing things my self and I am die hard on all fungicide. I use airplanes to do my corn. The cost keeps going up and I can never tell what the hell airplane does or did. For one, they have a 75' boom and spray a 120' swath but I know the turbulence does force spray down in the crop. But the 6000 I can afford and pay back in one year with airplane app savings. I thought if I ran it hard I could make it work. I was wandering if they are high enough? I know they ride rough and are slow in transport ;with a small tank as well. Things are tight as we all know and I'm trying to save and make money at the same time while doing a better job. Is there anything else I need to know or any thoughts in general??? Thank you and advance for your thoughts I always appreciate Ag talkers advise !!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)