AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Is this a generational thing?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Bluedog
Posted 12/31/2018 09:56 (#7209136)
Subject: Is this a generational thing?

Nebraska
I got a pair of good ole standard issue "Farmer Chore Gloves" for Christmas this year from the in-laws, who are of my father's generation. They wear them around their own farm, and my dad wore these and I never saw him wear much else..... of course I was polite...Thank you for the gift....but I know I will never wear them.

I ALWAYS hated them, because my folks would buy them for me to wear. They were always so big bulky slippery that I found it was like wearing silk oven mitts to try and work in. You'd just have to remove them to try and do anything that required any dexterity.

I never discovered cotton fingered glove liners until I was out of college and saw some cowboys at a feedlot wearing them in winter(around 1999)....they didn't seem to have cold hands. They have good bite on things for good grip(chore gloves are so slippery).

I've never wore much else since, my hands are rarely cold, they have excellent dexterity(I even wear them hunting in winter), and you can use them for liners of leather or rubber gloves if you might get them wet...which is their Achilles heel, if they get wet you hands are going to get cold pretty quick. But they are so cheap and easy to dry, I have spare sets all over the place, throw on a dry set and keep on going.

So my question is: "Is this a generational thing where the old timers don't KNOW about cotton finger gloves? Or are old habits just hard to break?

Edited by Bluedog 12/31/2018 09:57

(Capture (full).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Capture (full).JPG (85KB - 73 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)