AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pop up and biologicals
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

mcgncoh
Posted 11/11/2018 17:18 (#7099689)
Subject: Pop up and biologicals

North Central Ohio
I’ve been using pop up for 8 years. The first few years, I didn’t use 2x2 or biologicals.....just pop up. I saw a good yield bump, but still thought stalk diameter and yield was lacking. I set up a different planter that now runs pop up and 2x2x2. I feel like my yields have really improved. This year I decided to run biologicals and seaweed extract in my pop up. I had a test strip that I turned off the pop up and goodies. We scouted all season long, and was extremely impressed with visual differences where pop up was. 1 1/2 collars of growth ahead all season, bigger stalk diameter, wider leaves, and taller. It even tasseled way earlier. I was convinced that this stuff was a miracle in a jug. We took it to yield in two checks. NO YIELD ADVANTAGE!!!! I will probably check some again, but very disappointed . Anyone out there have experience with this? I don’t want this to be a biological bashing post.....please. I’m just trying to figure out whether I even need pop up at all, let alone biologicals. Thanks for sharing experiences.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)