AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Last Hay Cutting Done, New MOCO for next yr???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

farmerrob
Posted 9/18/2018 21:43 (#6995710)
Subject: Last Hay Cutting Done, New MOCO for next yr???

Tonight I finished the last field of hay cutting for the year and already dreams and plans for next year. I really would like to go to a self propelled type. I am not large enough to afford a new one so I am looking at used, or as a used car salesman would say, pre-owned and I am not looking at the front row on the lot but not the back row either, something in the middle. I need to find one that it's width with header is narrow enough to fit through some 16' gate openings. From what I have been able to look at on Tractorhouse it looks like New Holland has made a couple in the past. I think the numbers were 1494 and 1496. I don't know who else would have made some of these that fit my wants I know Hesston, OMC, and International makes SP MOCO too. I am sure John Deere did but green doesn't fit in here. It seems like the ones I found that fit the width I need were all made in the 80s. Maybe I just haven't been looking for the right things. Other than the width myonly requirements are diesel and cab with A/C. Sickle drive is fine. Any brands or models to stay away from??

A long long time ago we had an old OMC open station but that dang thing was a killer. You couldn't take it down the road at more than idle because the steering was so twitchy. I thought a post I had searched had mentioned something about one that had a switch or lever to change the machine from field to road travel so the steering wasn't as sensitive. Anybody help me with what ones do as I do considerable road travel between fields.

Thanks everyone, I look forward to your advice and doing a little shopping this winter.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)