AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Would you say something to the neighbor about this?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Big Ben
Posted 7/21/2018 15:16 (#6884034)
Subject: Would you say something to the neighbor about this?

Columbia Basin, Ephrata, WA
Driving down the nearby main road last week as we often do, we pass by a neighbors hay shed and my 8 year old asks “What does ‘Truck Fump’ mean?” This hay shed is adorned with various large vinyl banners that say things like “Trump/Putin 2020”, “Nicht mein Fuhrer,” and a recently added one that says “TRUCK FUMP.” I kind of worked my way around my son’s question without answering it and promptly changed the subject.

My concern is that once school starts next month, if that question gets asked by a kid on the bus, other kids might just go ahead and explain it. I don’t think this is a discussion that needs to be prompted amongst elementary school kids.

I’m not normally one to interfere with what one does on their own property, but in this case I’m considering making an exception and asking for that sign to be removed before school starts. So, back to the question in the subject line, would you say something?

This isn’t a question for TPP so please try to focus on the question and don’t get it sent there.

Edited by Big Ben 7/21/2018 17:43
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)