AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

new john deere customer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

dk1ben
Posted 7/15/2018 14:51 (#6871822)
Subject: new john deere customer

We operate a 30 head cow calf operation, 50 acres of hay, and 200 acre of row crop (no till beans typically). Do to some changes in my job away from the farm, and now at five children, my wife and I have decided to drop the hay side of things, reclaim the hay acres into beans, and sell the hay equipment and update to a larger row crop tractor.

Our current tractor is a New Holland TS6.140 that works well with our 14 ft mcfarelane reel disk and black machine 12 row corn, 13 row bean splitter planter on kinze units. We have been blue for a long time and the ts6 has worked well as a complete farm tractor that handled the hay work great without being to big but also could handle the field work pretty well.

So new beginnings and I notice I am out of touch with row crop only tractors. My calculations say I need around the 200 hp for future possible larger tools as I can replace these tools I use now and are in good shape. Im looking at green as my blue dealer has really let me down several times with slow service and very slow parts. They lost their field service guy and it just hasnt been the same.

So to the meat of my question. Looking at a deere 8120 and 7730. Both are in that 4000 hours and in same basic condition. I was gifted an old Trimble 500 system that will bolt in on either maching even though I dont use it much. The 8120 is a 2002 and the 7730 is a 2007. They also have a 4960 but I do have one child that is disabled and needs the co-pilot seat to enjoy time in the field.

So I am a fish out of water being a blue guy. I understand the HP ratings but thats about it. All have duels and sport the power shift trans. jdequipment.com is where the equipment is listed at. Any insight to help education me would be great. I know you green guys are here. My budget is below $100000 and the way bean prices are the lower the buy in cost the better. Cheers
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)