AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Puma 195 Tranny shifting problems.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

kfrem
Posted 7/15/2018 15:14 (#6871861)
Subject: Puma 195 Tranny shifting problems.

Late last fall the yellow warning light on the display post showed up. Used the tractor for a couple hours and put it away for the season. This spring of course the same yellow warning light was on so dealer come out to reset it. He found the codes for three different calibrations that ncodes are showing uppeeded to be done at that time. The only way he could recalibrate and clear these codes was to download a new version of the software into the tractor. Now the codes reset and the warning light went away. He left and told me it was fixed. Immediately I noticed the tractor had very harsh shifting from 12 down to 11 and 7th gear down to 6 th. Also on occasion when first putting shuttle lever into forward or reverse , the tractor will move a few feet and then stop with the display showing that it kicked into neutral. After repeated times of pushing in the clutch and re-engaging the shuttle lever it might take off and work fine for the rest of the day or it might do the same thing by going into neutral in a couple of hours. One of the trips the mechanic made out again he told me the mid speed trans sensor needed to be replaced, which he did to no avail. One thing I found when it starts moving, if I can push the shift toggle soon enough( before it pops into neutral again) it will upshift or downshift once and be fine. The jerky downshifting is still around along with the popping into neutral on a start. Now this mechanic says that no codes are coming up and he's talked to 2 buddies that work at different dealers and everybody is stumped. They finally hauled it into the shop after numerous trips to my place but still nobody seems to know what might be wrong.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)