AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Carfax report
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

CropGrower18
Posted 6/20/2018 09:08 (#6823323)
Subject: Carfax report

NE Indiana
We have been looking at trading in our 2013 Chevrolet Equinox in the past couple of months. We started negotiating with a dealership about trading, and they pulled the Carfax report on my vehicle, and completely shocked me when they asked what kind of accident it had been in.

We bought the Equinox in November 2015, and had a copy of a perfectly clean Carfax provided by a very reputable dealership in Fort Wayne. A clean Carfax report was a major influence on me being interested in that vehicle, or purchasing any newer vehicle for that matter.

Anyways... the new Carfax that we were shown recently says that there was an accident reported in September 2013, over 2 years before we purchased the vehicle. It was NOT on the Carfax report when we bought the vehicle. There was also a subnote that states that Carfax began reporting this information on 1/17/2017. I have contacted Carfax about this, and learned that they signed on with a new source that apparently had this accident in their reports, so now Carfax is including it in theirs.

So far I have not had any luck identifying what the damage to the vehicle actually was. It must not have been a collision with another vehicle, or it would definitely would have shown up on the report before (I think?), but regardless, it shows up on the report now.

This makes me thoroughly upset. How can anyone trust a Carfax report if they are potentially going to be changing the information years down the road. This undoubtedly lowered the value of my vehicle, as many people will immediately overlook buying a vehicle if they see anything reported on Carfax. They are still "reviewing" my complaint, but so far I have the impression that they will blow it off in the end.

Has anyone dealt with a similar issue?

Thank you
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)