AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

darn chromebooks #55
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Chris
Posted 6/9/2018 10:26 (#6802386)
Subject: darn chromebooks #55

East central Iowa

It might be acceptable for somebody that wants to look at emails and browse the Internet.  Though even that is goofy.

My kids bought one of them for my wife and when it started having trouble connecting to the Internet I powerwashed it and it made no difference.  Support blamed everything but their chromebook.  My router allows me to receive and send over a hundred feet away in my shop with steel sides when the door is open but the chromebook can't receive or send when 15 feet away from the router in the next room with a clear line of sight between it and the router.
Next I bought a new wifi adapter (internal replacement) for it and installed it.  No difference.  It's a hit and miss deal, hold it in a certain position and it might hook up.  My wife was always asking, "is the Internet on?"

If it was a Linux or Windows machine I could just buy a USB adapter, plug it in and be fine.  But it seems nobody has such a device for a Chromebook and there is even some question as to how to disable the internal wifi. (I would just take it out)

Just another missing feature from something that shouldn't have ever existed.  They could just as well have made a cheap windows computer with Linux on it and have had something useful.

No delete key, no function keys, must use gmail with its goofy interface that makes you hunt for simple things such as forward.

rant over until the next problem pops up, hopefully somebody somewhere has an answer.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)