AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

First spring upgrading to TMX 2050 thoughts
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Dwayne MB
Posted 6/1/2018 10:48 (#6789524)
Subject: First spring upgrading to TMX 2050 thoughts

Portage MB Canada
Been using a FM1000 for 5 years, upgraded to 2050 this winter.

Using the FM1000 plus app I have some questions, feedback. thoughts etc.

I usually run WM Survey when planting, to kill two birds with one stone. There are a few times when xfill is required for a short period over and above the minute the RTK will run . I can understand perhaps that they no longer want you to use xfill and water management together when quality may not be as good as advertised.

But unlike the old FM1000 when signal degraded it wouldnt survey , at least it kept steering.

Now with the 2050 I cant run xfill and WM Survey together, and for the odd time where heavy trees knock out RTK at the end of the field, I have no steering and no survey. I can live without survey for a short time, but why stop me from steering because I have no ability to be using xfill?

This is why I hate upgrading software, always the concern about losing functionality that you are used to using. And many times the programmers cant have the understanding that everyone uses it differently in different situations.

Nextswath has been great to use

Over the years I have aggregated small portions of farms in to "one" field using multiple headlands, which never cross each other. With Nextswath it wont work if I have multiple boundaries/headlands in one field. Is this a glitch or am I going to have to back out every 5 acre corner patch of a field back into its own separate field?

Overall very happy with the upgrade, would do it again.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)