AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Why are you
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

still learn'n
Posted 4/17/2018 11:29 (#6715363)
Subject: Why are you

SC. KS
COMPLAINING

If I see one more person post on Facebook how this wind has ruined their cookout plans, tipped over their birdfeeder or messed up their hair, I will come to your house and pick you up. We will head up to Northwest Oklahoma where I will let you help the farmers who were choking back tears, dig giant holes for the mounds of dead cattle that are littering their pastures. I will let you ride along with the farmer/rancher with spools of wire and fence posts on the back of his pick up, as he starts fixing miles of fence. I will let you help sort cows with burned udders, bellies and legs from the cows that managed to escape the flames. I will let you watch as a mama cow struggles between wanting to nurse her calf and having to endure the pain of a burned udder. I will let you ride horseback across section after section of bare ground, finding animals that couldn’t outrun the flames. I’ll let you ride along as we find a deer who’s been burned badly but still standing, needing someone to stop her pain. And I’ll let you come along as we find the only survivor out of 40 pairs, and see how happy this baby calf is to see “safety”, that she walked right next to Shawn’s horse all the way up to the trailer and followed the horse in the trailer. I will let you come along as we stop at a house that still standing, and go inside to find a wife, cooking food for extended family and her husband that may not have slept in days (because he’s not only a farmer and rancher but a volunteer firefighter also), still putting a smile on her face to keep the kids from feeling the pain that her and her husband feel. And I will let you sit down at that dinner table with us, as that man tries to bless the food but gets so emotional that he can’t speak, and he doesn’t leave a dry eye in the room.....those are reasons to complain about the wind.

I didn't write this I saw it on Facebook

Edited by still learn'n 4/17/2018 13:29

(Screenshot_20180417-105018 (full).png)

(Screenshot_20180417-105004 (full).png)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Screenshot_20180417-105018 (full).png (70KB - 150 downloads)
Attachments Screenshot_20180417-105004 (full).png (79KB - 143 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)